1. Who all can take the U-Protect policy? Can it be taken on the life of someone else?
U Protect can be taken on life of self. It cannot be offered to dependents.
2. What are my premium payment modes?
The customer can pay premium by Cash, Cheque, DD, Credit Card, Debit Card and ECS.
3. What is the minimum and maximum entry age?
Anyone between 18 to 55 years can opt for a U-Protect plan.
4. What is the minimum premium in the U-Protect plan?
The Minimum Annual Premium in a U- Protect plan is Rs 4, 000.
5. What would be payable in case of an unfortunate event of death?
In case of an unfortunate event of demise:- Sum Assured chosen at inception along with rider benefits chosen
6. Vijay, an advocate buys a U -Protect insurance plan with a sum assured of Rs 50,00, 000 along with ADB Rider of Rs 50,00,000. Unfortunately he dies due to an accident while driving. What are the benefits his family gets from the insurance company?
Vijay’s family gets an amount of Rs 50 Lacs of base Sum Assured + 50 Lacs of ADB assuming the policy is premium paying.
7. What is the tenure of the policy? Can it be changed at a later date?
The customer can choose a tenor between 10 years to 30 years. Tenure once chosen cannot be changed.
8. What are the surrender benefits payable?
No surrender benefits are payable at any point in time during the policy term.
9. What are the additional benefits available with U-Protect?
A customer can opt for two additional benefits namely:-
DHFL Pramerica Traditional Accidental Death Benefit Rider and
DHFL Pramerica Traditional Critical Illness Rider
10. How would non smokers get a benefit over smokers in the U-Protect plan?
Non Smokers would pay lower premium for coverage sum assured of Rs 50 Lac and above.
11. Manish is a non smoker (a preferred life) who is looking for a low cost term plan. He opts for U- Protect plan. Does he have to get the medicals done inspite of being a non smoker?
Yes, U – Protect has no non- medical limit. This is a mandatory medical product (minimum SA being25 Lacs) .All cases will be subject to medical as per the medical grid.
12. Maria is a Fashion Designer with a degree from NIFT; she is working with an export firm. She wants to opt for a U-Protect plan. Is she eligible to buy a U-Protect plan?
Yes, Maria can buy the U-Protect plan since she is a working professional.U-Protect is offered to females with earned income.
13. What are the exclusions under the U-Protect plan?
If the life insured commits suicide within 12 months from the Policy commencement date or the date of revival of the policy, the company would pay an amount equal to 80% of the premiums paid excluding any underwriting extra) as death benefit".
14. What are the tax benefits available under the DHFL Pramerica U-Protect?
Tax benefits will be applicable as per prevailing tax laws. Tax laws are subject to change. Please consult your tax advisor for details.